If you are running a website or blog, simply writing and publishing content is not enough. You should also have the full authority to check and view about how much good your site or blog is running in Google. When you see the website or blog is not working fine, then you can adopt some steps to improve them. Well, if you don’t have any tools to detect the growth of your site then you won’t able to find out what is wrong on your site. And to make your Website or blog more functional, you can use the Google Analytics.
Google is the only platform where most of the internet is accessed. And also, all the organic traffics come from the Google itself. While, it is more beneficial for the website when you see some organic traffics, and the best way to check on all this statistics is when you have the Google Analytics.
To use the Google Analytics for a website is very simple, but yet you will have to do some coding process. Read below tutorials for knowing the complete details for adding Google Analytics to your Website.
How to use Google Analytics for my Website
Though the setups of Google analytics include the coding or CSS kinds of stuff, they are all initially prepared. The only thing that you will do is copy the particular code (Tracking ID or Code) and start using the Google Analytics on your website.
Guides for Google Analytics setups are-
Create an Account in Google analytics
The first and most important thing which you have to do is creating a Google Analytics account. But if you have already got the Google ID, then you can directly login with your Google analytics to use them. While you Login, you will also have to enter your website details. By entering the Website details now you can proceed to the next process.
Copy and Paste the Website Tracking Code
Next, when you login into the Google Analytics you will have to copy and paste the Tracking code or ID into your site. Go to your Google Analytics account and click on the Property then click on Tracking info to get the tracking ID or code. Just locate and copy the code, in the meantime go to your Website’s dashboard and enter into the HTML section. Paste the code, just below the <body> into the HTML.
Confirm and verify if the code is placed properly
Again login to the Google Analytics and enter into the Tracking section. Now you will see the status as Tracking Installed.
Finally, you can check all the information about your site through the Google Analytics.
If the tracking is not yet confirmed, you can troubleshoot the issue through its Google Analytics. To Trouble Shoot- Click here
How to get started with Google Analytics
After you have successfully installed the Tracking ID, now you can start using the Google Analytics to track the statistic of your site.
Steps to start with the Google Analytics are-
- Go to the Google Analytics and login to enter
- Now setup into your Analytics property by adding your website details and email id associated with it
- You can also add the filters for data which includes your site and IP address
- Finally, you will enter into the Dashboard of your Google Analytics
Features and functions of Google Analytics
- Overview- here you will see the current analysis of your site. This will show you the uptime and downtime of your site. It will also analyze the current traffics, and show you all the rating in terms of graphs.
- Data Reports- Google Analytics will also provide you full data access and reports by which you can see the traffics coming into your site.
- Active Users- To know the best result of your site, you can enter into the active users which will show you the current users or traffic present into your site.
- Compatibility- You can use the Google analytics for not only the Website but also mobile apps. If you have recently developed mobile apps, you can also get a full description of your site running properly.
So these are the complete details by which you can easily use Google Analytics for your website. Be it the small business site or professional, you can see everything clearly about your site through the Google Analytics. They are free to use all you need is Google account which is also free to create.